Wednesday, July 24, 2013

At Cross Roads...

Should I or shouldnt I?

My head's gonna explode trying to answer this question...A thought just streaks across my mind that we are fried and tossed most times not with the complex questions but with the simplest of em! Some example are  - "Why me, God!? Why me?!", "What am I DOING?", How did I get here?, What am I going to do now? and blah blah blah..if you get my drift.....
Well...who said having 9 lives was an advantage?!!

But I digress....fortunately, at this point, Iam only concerned with ONE of these seemingly easy puzzlers. I think, for those of us who take life as it comes to us, the worst thing that can happen to us is to have to make a CHOICE! Ughhh! Hell, I have trouble trying to choose between 2 pairs of shoes with same color and pattern but just different Heel lengths! (to myself - "Hmmm, maybe the higher heel looks sexier, but the shorter one sure is  more comfortable....should I be sexy (Not that I can, even if I try, ....but then, a girl can hope!)  or comfortable?"). Now thats a lifestyle choice....and THATS gonna take a much longer time.....so basically, as the smaller choices are imperatively linked to some bigger choices, I end up dreading the whole experience of making a choice in its totality!
Now, given that (PSYCHO)logical background, you can imagine my Horror of having to make a choice, now, when I have reached a cross roads in Life! 


Getting to the point....
Now here's a precurser to those who are not familiar with the (ancient) Indian way of doing things. In the west, before you hear any wedding bells or the "Dam Dam da dam", the fates would have to carefully and strategically arrange the schedules of 2 totally random people to clash and meet and fall in love! Now thats some serious work for the mother of destiny, mind you. On the other hand, Indians dont believe in giving anyone too much work. If you have the inclination, getting married in India is relatively simple. Just match your birth stars with those of a prospective partner. if they match - Boom! You have a wedding date! ( I have a HUGE grudge against the damn stars for precluding so many nice young men from making it into my prospective partner list!).
but then, yes, you must have caught the glitch by now....the issue is that the girl has to make a CHOICE between prospective partners!! Now if I cant choose between heels, How the &^%%$* am I gonna choose a life partner??!  You know, they are all nice, (well not All, but Iam  not about to abuse them all on social media, Am I?)....One has an awesome education, another looks great, another can sing like a bird, another lives in an exotic European country....well, you get the drift....
And the worst part is that most of them have unbelievably short deadlines! Today you see the guy's pic and tomorrow, you gotta write down your vows! COME ON!
Phew! All I can do is send a silent prayer to my god (Most Indian gods are couples as well, but conviniently most of them married for Love! Wonder where the arranged marriage concept came from then....anyway, coming back to the point) to miraculously make my mind when the time and the "right guy" comes along.....after all....the stars can only take up so much blame right?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment