Wednesday, September 3, 2014

My Fear...



It was different that time. He was teaching me to swim!
When my dad picked me by my neck,
and pushed me into the water.
I struggled for breath and ran to the deck,
forgetting I was his daughter.
I could feel it rise in my throat, but later it faded dim...

It was different that time. The first time I moved out of my house!
As I packed all my things,
and touched them one by one as my last.
Unaware of what tomorrow brings,
I closed a small window and called it my 'past'.
I could feel it wring inside my stomach, it sounded of all my promises and vows!

It was different that time. When my best friend got engaged!
As I smiled and danced with her,
laughed to merge my feelings into her joys.
while I asked providence to share
if my tomorrows strung harmony or just some noise...
I could feel it clutch at my heart, and I struggled to keep my facade!

It is very different now....When I tear after my dreams!
Some say I'am brave, but they're really saying I'am stupid,
and it gets scary when some part of me believes.
I push myself to be intrepid,
Until some true friend balms the wound and relieves.
I can feel it in all my being, while the horizon looks up and beams!





1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. N trust me, noone is meaning that its stupid. Remember what will smith said in the pursuit of happyness - if u got a dream, u gotta protect it... Don't let anyone say u can't do it... Not even me... ppl can't do smthn themselves... They wanna tell u, u can't do it... If u want somthn go get it. Period. :)

    ReplyDelete