Saturday, May 28, 2011

Is this fair??

Its a void in the heart...a void which can never ever be filled with any other form of love... a void which is put there to stay...which can never be taken away...coz the love which should have caressed out the frowns and tears in a child's face at the tender age of 5 when it met with the disapproval of peers in school and tell him that he dosent have to care about the approval of the world as he has parents to love him... at the age of 13 when the first pimple burst open , to tell him that he is the most handsome child that was ever seen and that he dosent have to worry about the girls - they will surely love him...to tell him that he is a son they are proud to call their own....to have the unique sense of belongingness which only a mother's loving hug can convey...which only a beaming smile to the neighbour on boasting about her son's achievements can confirm....is all lost to a motherless child....

There is this friend of mine who lost his mother when he was about 5....and i got wondering about what he must have gone through....when the usual joys which we are granted at that age are lost to him....the beauty of a mother who gets up early in the morning anxious to fill the tiffan box of her child with the best dish possible at school so her child dosent bring back food and go hungry....of a mother who is anxious on a fancy dress competition day to dress her child up the best and turns her lovely nose on anyone who has the audacity to tell her that her child might not carry it off....a mother who kisses her child good night and spends a minute before going to bed to look and admire the beauty of her son as he sleeps....a mother who is quick to sweep away any misgivings that her son should have of not being able to achieve something dear to him....

Why dear mother....am I not good enough for you to kiss goodnight?
Am I not the one you could love and face the world to fight?
Am I not the one who can make you burst with pride?
Who I can run to in distress, in whom I can confide??
I crave to taste a delicacy you dish out just for me
I yearn to feel the touch of your fingers in my hair
I crave and yearn knowing this could never be....is this fair????

A try to detach myself from my life for a minute and think of all the attention and love I have basked in just because the director above chose to leave my mother alone and take away some one else's....why is it that without any fault of their's they are forced to lose all the beauty of childhood which is made dearer to us because of our mother's love....

Life's darkest moments are those when we face the disapproval of the world to the person that we are....those moments when we face all directions without finding a way out of the mess we can get ourselves into.....but come back home and one look at our mother;s face and we know that we have been worried in vain....that surely we have a bright future....coz without having us well settled as either a queen or a princess....surely our mother wouldn't be satisfied????

When we come home dreading our father's beating/disapproval either for our performance in a test or when we have to confess a romantic relationship....isnt it our mother's support which we bank on even if we know that she might also disapprove?....because heart of hearts dont we know that she thinks that somehow everything will sort out in the grand scheme of things and that only the best of things can happen to her child??.....

I picture a sunday morning when i lazily walk upto the kitchen to order for a coffee and when my mother hands it over to me....to pull her down back on the sofa and grab a newspaper and read the paper with my head on her lap and discuss the headlines and gossip about the goings on in Bollywood....of course punctuated by mom's comments on how everyone is worthless and how she thinks that my father and I are the only rays of bright light in this world!!!:-)

Mothers!!!!! Why ? Why does god have to rob a child of this most beautiful love that he can ever have? This is the nearest translation of god's love that a child can ever have...every other relationship demands something in return but a mother's .....well poets and playwrights have told enough on mother's love that I suspect there is much left to say on this subject.....
My only question is... when god says that since he couldnt be everywhere and thats why sent mothers to earth....why did he decide to rob a few children of this birthright??? Does he not love them as he loves the others???

Rudyard Kipling sure got it right when he said....

If I were hanged on the highest hill,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose love would follow me still,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

If I were drowned in the deepest sea,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!
I know whose tears would come down to me,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

f I were damned of body and soul,
I know whose prayers would make me whole,
Mother o' mine, O mother o' mine!

I do not know whether I should thank god for having given a mother to those who he has or to shed a tear and curse him for those who he deprived of this pure love.... But can I trust in your benevolence to believe that you will somehow make it upto them in your boundless love and kindness by showering them with pure love in one form or the other sooner or later in their life???

2 comments:

  1. an emotion so strong, a relation so divine, a compelling fact that u have so penned has rly left me out of words darlin... to not have her is to be robbed of al the wonderful love there is... yes, cant imagine a life without her... n i too am hopin tht He in His benevolence would make it up to em sumway r the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suls! I sure hope so too! Maybe someday.....

    ReplyDelete