Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The key to the pacific - Part II

On 7th April 2011 I landed in Singapore! The flight was pretty good and I enjoyed myself. the Longest flight journey ended and I was in Singapore around 5:00pm. It was a heady feeling to land in Singapore! The first footstep outside Indian soil....I didn't know what to expect, I had so may anticipations, anxieties, questions and fears...I just packed everything inside and let out a quick prayer to Swami..... Lucky I had that solace....whatever I went through, I knew I had him to take care of me and get me out of any rubbish that I was sure to get myself into:-)

I have never thought before, what it means to live outside the umbrella of my family....even in bangalore, it was still my home with friends made through the years....for the first time in my life, i was completely on my own!! I had to make a mark here! I had to prove to myself and to everyone that I was capable of taking my life in my hands and living it reasonably well - it was my first ever chance to do so! and Boy! Did I think it was going to be easy??? I COULDN'T have been more mistaken!

I have always loved my family and friends but their real worth came to the fore after I came here where I had a taste of life trying to start all from scratch! An adventure it was!! and a learning package it suuuuuuuure was!!!

Let me tell you about some people I met here who have been a treasured collection to my circle of acquaintance.

Vidya and Family and Chikko -The first few people I met after stepping foot in this country! A family of talent and fun! Vidya is just a package of fun and laughter who can talk about anything and everything at any point of time! She has this X factor which makes anyone who comes into her life feel at home! She freely gives love and accepts whatever comes her way- and she has been an amazing support me when I really needed help- when disaster of the worst sort hit my life and when all directions looked bleak with hopelessness to me! She offered her love and companionship so unconditionally that I felt that I wouldn't get lost here and that I do have a shoulder to cry on! Vighnesh is a powerhouse of talent and left me in a jaw dropping position once I heard his prowess in Carnatic Music. He has an amazing thirst for knowledge and I look forward to being a part of the future in which he is sure to prove himself! Ravi compliments Vidya and both are a great couple! But Ravi - if you ever read this - I can NEVER understand HOW u dont like KAMAL HASSAN!!!! Choti is a cutie and what with her accent and her tastes, she almost feels like a European addition to the family - a cute and shy and lovely addition....and of course - I cant miss out on Chikko - the family's pet - their love and pride! Their every conversation is suffixed with, Chikko don't go there, Chikko this is not for you - come on! you have already had your dinner, Ravi - don't give that chocolate to Chikko - you know its no good for him! Its wonderful to see this family come together from different poles with their love for this cute pet! And he is such a smart guy - he just knows how he should play his cards and win all their love!

Rithin - A flatmate who has been a real boon! When I first met Rithin, we didn't really have a vibe which we struck off with initially - I met her at office and at a disc and she seemed like a distant acquaintance who was still somehow familiar in this foreign land....
I came to really know her when we moved to the apartment...and truly - to know Rithin is to Love her! I dont know what you thought of me in the beginning or what you still think of me Rithin....but if you ever read this...u will know that you have made it to my inner circle of friends - Congratulations(hehehe I can almost hear your scowl!)
I am yet to see a person who lives life at her own terms even after being bogged with so many responsibilities and relationships! She has the handsomest son in the world and Iam sure she is a wonderful mother as I have seen the expression in her eyes as she looks at his pictures which her loving husband sends her everyday! She has a sense of justice in her which will astonish a person if they are prejudiced by her initial chatter! but Boy! Beware of her resentment - her good opinion once lost - is very difficult to regain! Rithin - I know you are leaving in a few days - but you should certainly know that I have learnt a lot about life in listening to you (the learning includes cooking and thanks for saving me from dying of starvation!) and iam certain that this is a friendship we shall hold for a long time to come! Thanks for letting me be a part of your life!

Situation Room - Anyone who has been a part of the situation room would know why I refer to it as a person - its got this quality to it which makes me feel like it has an identity of its own...an identity put together by the "Situation room girls"! An atmosphere of fun, gossip, quiet, friendship and seriousness all put into one amazing package! I would indeed be sorry to leave this room - a place which has seen the triumphs of many a victorious recruiter and many a farewell and welcome! A place which we collect into at 5:00pm everyday to discuss the day's numbers! A place which for me translates into Accenture Singapore itself as I have worked and moved for most part of my time in the situation room alone!

Well - I do have some more acquaintances to introduce...but its 12:oo am and I really need a good night;s rest - I will be waiting to meet you tomorrow to complete the story!

So Looooooooong!

1 comment:

  1. awwww.... didn't I tell, who wouldn't want to be friends with my preethi <3

    Hugs darling....

    PS. I sure am darn proud! ;)

    ReplyDelete