Wednesday, August 12, 2009

All things Wise and Wonderful...

There is just one person that I have dreamt about and still do dream about - that I should be atleast a little like him when I grow up....just a fraction of his immense intelligence, a pinch of his kindness, honesty, straightforwardness, helpfulness, smartness, diligence....and most importantly his boundless talent in the realm of Music....( I am comletely convinced that Jesudas is just nowhere when compared to him and you must just hear him once to know that iam telling nothing but the actual truth)He is all that is wise and all that is wonderful to me - he is my "Daddy"
I can see you scowling pa, as I write this - how you hate me to call you "daddy" - and secretly I agree too...when we have such endearing terms like Appa and "Naina", why should "Daddy" even enter our conversations....but Iam helpless pa....I just looooooove that look on your face when I call you "daddy" :-)... I think that the best part of you is that you are just there....always...not that u have much of a choice....and so u can't really complain... esp. when iam hell bent on making the dumbest of decisions, or when iam totally blank as to what in the wide canopy I should do to get out of a situation....I can always depend on myself to move heaven and earth just not to listen to you at times....Coz u see...in my blissful frog's well, I am The most sensible and intelligent person and you are just a base obstacle to my path of glory.....heheheh.....
I just shudder to think of the complete catastrophe that my life would have been if you were not just there, firmly and sternly, like an oak, just so that i can climb over you to get a glimpse of the Sun.....You know what pa...I have still not gotten out of the phase where I used to fight with my friends saying..."MY DADDY STRONGEST":-)....I just cant contain myself at any opportunity where I can show u off and boast to the world's end about your "this" and your "that"....and the wierd thing is...I just dont seem to run out of topics at all when iam talking bout u....and as iam writing this...iam just wishing that you never get to see this....you might just feel off to too much you know....and I cant take your "attitude" after that:-)
Just the other day,me and my friends were talking about you suddenly shifting to Delhi leaving me here (booooooohooooooo)....and they we like, 'hey yur parents have really taken care of every small detail before they have left u and now all you have to do is eat and sleep - you have a cook, a maid, a lovely room for urself and to cap it all, a tailor!!!'. And I realised how much u must trust actually my stupidity for you to go to that much detail in planning for me....well hats off to u pa....
You have no idea how much i miss your scoldings, your loving "kuttus" on my already damaged head, you calling me "Soorpa" (all mu buddies know why, dont u? :-)), the sound of your voice floating across the house in the form of carnatic, hindustani, bollywood, gollywood....what not?? I shall never forget the day when u just crinked your eyebrows a little over my pioneering attempt to make rasam.....and casually asked Amma if there was something missing in the rasam.....well....when I discovered that I had actually added Vangi bath powder (a south indian Brinjal Rice delicacy) instead of Rasam powder, I can never get over the way you, Adu and Seshu (my 2 Bros) teased me to death.....(I still bear the scar of that event - I cant make Rasam without u/adu/seshu checking with me if I double checked whether I really added Rasam powder or.......XXXXX)And I must mention here that Ammu kutti is the darling - she will always find the food I cook nice - even if it tastes like shoe polish!!!.......sigh........Its just a huge void pa, and its something which has no substitute...coz its a class apart. You have the world's best sense of humour and I often wonder....is there something that you are not good at??.......I dont think so.....!!!!!
To every Girl, her dad's a Hero - and Appa - you are mine. Love you and miss you loads:-)

1 comment:

  1. uncle matum idha padikatum avla dhan oru nimishathula flat... nalla ice vakra... he hee - kiddin! loved the post n the sentiments..

    n uncle if u r readin this - i wil only 2nd pm's emotion behind these wrds cos this has been something she has alwys told n always will... let the duo rock on... cheers...

    ReplyDelete