Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My very own "Kindred Spirits"

When a sunflower tilts its petally head towards the sun, a warm feeling surges through its heart, an emotion which whispers "Iam home at last". The beauty and innocence of this emotion captures everyone and we are no exceptions. When the same warm breeze flutters through my soul, and tickles it a little, it means that I have found the one who can inspire me and instill higher beliefs in me, and most importantly make me feel comfortable with myself:-) - yes you guessed right. they are my kindred spirits.I have been blessed enough in my fairly eventful life to be sprinkled with the dewdrops of lovely kindred spirits - and below is an account of 2 of the kindredest of my kindred spirits and why I feel that they add all the sunshine to my life:-)

Sulo - imagine the way your heart does a queer somersault when you remember that your birthday is actually tomorrow, in another 24 hours, or the feeling when you get when you pack your clothes for a vacation you have desperately waited for - that is the same feeling that I get when I think of Suls - and the moments that we have shared - We have had quite a whacky relationship - na Suls? I shall never forget the time when we all used to tease you in the beginning coz you alwayz used to sing bhajans to yourself - esp. in the pantry while washing clothes!!! And I dont know if I ever told you but we (I forget who the "we" actually comprises of - I guess its our girls from the tamil gang ) used to call you "Meerabai of bcom"- we didn't hit it of quite well did we? But now - well you know - there is not a book that i read without reciting the book review to you ASAP, not a joke that I laugh for without my hands itching to call you and give you a blow by blow account of the anecdote, not a tear that I can shed without the comfortable consciousness of you knowing my problem and giving me your (dumb) solutions:-)...Wierd how some people shape our lives isn't it? But the wierder thing is how helpless we are in doing something about it:-)...unfortunately:-) Its just preordined I guess- not sure if thats the word I am looking for .... but yeah! I must say that you have the developed this bugging habit of dropping into my everyday reverie and bringing back all the " XXXXX" times that we shared together (Dunno what to put there - its just too hard)- its just my fav stress buster. And ...................well I can go on but we've gotta stop some where right? So .........thanks darl - for inspiring me to better myself and by giving me a family (and a Krishna) other than my own - U R THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Deeps - Dearest of Deepas - what do I say - its just the fact that you exist that adds beauty to my life - though u can be a tester of patience at times with your extremely untimely "Swami knows" and "be good, see good, do good" attitude:-) See - we all love roses in its place - but dont we love it better when it is accepted graciosuly by our very own beloved? The elevating feeling that something that adds beauty to this world is with someone even more precious to us adds joy incomparable to the very soul - and thats how i feel about u - When u came into my life - no actually - when you whispered into my life:-) U r my conscience keeper - when I do something - what I first think of is if Deepa were there, would she approve of this? How would she face this situation? - i dont always follow that - thats a different story:-) I must say that I nearly burst with pride when I saw that photograph in which you recieved the medal for coming university first - Hey - thanks for reminding me in your own quiet way that wherever I may go, innocence and purity is something that I should always value above everything else. And that the coolest way to live is by consciously enjoying every minute of it in the way we think is best - hats off to you. U STAND OUT!!!!

Kudos to us for having stuck together and in light of all the delightful years of companionship yet to come:-) Hip Hip Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. thnks for embarassing me enough... n wat do u mean by - "But the wierder thing is how helpless we are in doing something about it:-)...unfortunately:-)"

    u pest n a half...

    n ur rose in its place thing was so b'ful... perfect defn of our darlin D`

    n yeah D evn am proud of ur medal moment... n PM ur award n being topper moment... my! u guys leave me a bronze atleast ;)

    Hip Hip Hurray...

    ReplyDelete